Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CIOS 108 Graphic Animal Atlas Beetle

Full Detailed drawing of my Atlas Beetle




More than basic shap drawing


Basic drawing white beetle and black background


Basic drawing black beetle white background



Basic outline of Atlas Beetle
I'm sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, My computer doesn't have my scanning software on it anymore even thou i still had my scanner connected, so i had to take all the pictures on my webcam, better than nothing. Everthing got a lot better once i was in photoshop. I chose this pose for my beetle because as i went around looking for more photos like a side view or a front view i lost alot of detail that i wanted to draw. The frontal only had the beetle's head and horns all black so it was to hard to try and trace the outline without making it look like a pea with a fork through it. The side view had the same problem, as i looking and moved to trace it ended up looking like a hotdog with a stick shoved in it. I chose a Atlas Beetle because it has very Distinguishing features ( Triple horn, 90 degree folding shell and hidden wings ) This beetle was just so diffrent, instead of it having one horn or large jaws it had three horns and its wings fold out sideways and not up like other beetles.




No comments:

Post a Comment