Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CIOS 108 Final




This is my final draft submission. When I started I thought of benches, scales, gavels, and all the other stuff court room things. I decided to go on a different path. I started by making the planet when I thought of power and authority I wanted to show that with this book the readers could hold the power of the world. I created it by making a circle with the marquee tool while holding shift to keep it even. I then used the difference of clouds render with black and white to get the cloudy effect, then I added a gradient of blue to white on color burn blending mode, I added an outer glow and lowered the opacity. I simply copied my image and made it smaller to place on the spine. I used a gradient on the covers of the book, I pick browns because it gave a law book feel. I then took a picture of a hand and duplicated it, got the best selection I could and blended them with luminosity. I pasted the left most picture and created a textured stroke. I then cropped out the face and used the eyes to get a more powerful feel. I used the number one on the spine so that she can create more books and use the same style to tie them together. I placed the text with a serif font to make the cover feel more elegant which is one of the things that is needed for a book on manners no matter where it means for you to use it. The last thing I did was pick up some texture gray scaled it and blended it to make the spine feel more real. Overall I used natural colors and elements so that Marion would feel a sense of nature and authority from the cover of her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment